Online gaming and chatting have reached new levels in the last decade. The advancement in the fields of online gaming has been very significant, and several new companies have gone into the gaming business as it has a massive demand in the market. Many online applications allow users to interact with other users of the app and playing online games.
Virtual reality is the new trend these days, and getting to know people online is very common. One such virtual reality chat app is VRChat, and choosing the best VR headsets for VRChat is the point of focus in this discussion. VRChat is one of the most popular chat apps available, and thousands of people use it for online chatting, role-playing games, and other online games.
What Is VRChat?
As many people use the VRChat app, it is a great platform to meet people from across the globe at any time and from anywhere. Getting to change into new characters and entering fantasy worlds that have been created by VRChat has become very common today.
What is super cool about VRChat is that the character and avatars that people make look very lifelike and real because of the exquisite graphics design. The lip-syncing of the characters with the words and their hand gestures are timed to perfection and so realistic that people can get extremely engrossed in this virtual world, and they don’t even realize how time flies.
What Kind Of VR Headset Is Best For VRChat?
To get a high-quality experience, having the correct set of electronic gadgets is very necessary. Of course, you need VRChat, which is readily available on Steam or the Oculus Store. You don’t need an incredibly powerful computer; a decent gaming computer will do. Along with these, an essential requirement is that of a VR Headset.
Having a suitable VR Headset can improve the gaming quality and enhance that VRChat experience. The VR Headset should have an excellent audio-visual capability. It should have ample storage memory. There are many other features that we look for while buying a VR Headset, and they have discussed in this article.
Choosing the best VR headset for VRChat is the key to achieve the ultimate virtual reality adventure. As it is a chat app, conversation with the other users must be of good quality. This means that the audio and video (motion tracking) features should be of high definition. The motion tracking should be able to track six types of movements efficiently and with maximum precision.
These six motion types are- rolling, pitching, yawing, elevating, strafing, and surging. The availability and working-efficiency of these six degrees of motion set apart any VR headset from the others available in the market.
The following are the best VR headset for VRChat that are available in the market:
Top 7 Best VR Headsets for VRchat 2021
1. HTC VIVE Pro Virtual Reality System
- This is one of the best VR headsets for VRChat that are available in the market.
- It uses SteamVR, which is the ideal tool when it comes to the user wanting to experience virtual reality content of the highest quality in the hardware of their own choice.
- The SteamVR 2.0 tracking enables room-scale positional tracking, which covers a wide area. It can enter power-saving mode. Thus, power consumption by the device is less.
- It is perfect for multi-user gaming and chatting, and the tracking accuracy is extremely high.
- The display of this VR Headset is of incredibly high resolution. The constancy of graphics content and chat texts of very high standards.
- It has the feature of Spatial audio, which produces real-life effects on the hearing quality. It uses a dimensional approach to audio to make it sound incredibly realistic and gives a 360-degree video more punch.
- The active noise-cancellation system completely insulates you from the outer world, and no amount of disturbance can disrupt your virtual reality experience.
- The weight of the headset is evenly distributed, the vision glasses for display fit perfectly, and its adjustments to the head size and the distance between the eyes are easily manageable and modifiable.
- The headphones are of high impedance, and they are adjustable as well as removable, just like the head strap.
- The VIVE Tracker expands the possibilities of fun and exploration. It creates a seamless connection between the real-world available and the attached tools to the virtual ecosystem.
- A DSLR camera can be attached to the VIVE Tracker, and it can then be used to create a mixed-reality video.
- The potential is endless, and so is the fun!
- There is a free trial period that comes along with the device. It allows the user to get the first-hand experience by enabling them to access up to 10 games for free.
- Everything you need to set up a VR environment entirely is given with the set. This includes the headset, two hand controllers, two lighthouse sensors, a control box, sync cable, power cables for all the devices, and an HDMI cable.
2. HTC VIVE Pro Eye Virtual Reality System
- This product is one of the best VR Headsets for VRChat when it comes to the high-definition experience of online chatting and gaming world.
- It uses the Tobii Eye Tracking technology, which helps in precise and accurate tracking of eye movements and opens doors to better performance and customer satisfaction.
- It is the best headset, bringing in revolutionary high-end audio and excellent graphics intake experience, with the help of its eye-tracking feature.
- As VRChat is the best platform for online chatting, this VR headset enhances the experience and takes it to the next level.
- The Pro Eye Reality System is so unique because it focuses on the tiniest eye movement details, such as gaze origin, gaze direction, pupil position, pupil size, and the openness of the eye.
- This device uses the technique of foveated rendering; the image quality is immensely reduced in the peripheral vision, and thus, the rendering workload on your eyesight is reduced to a huge extent.
- It is highly adjustable to different head sizes and different vision types so that even long sessions of VRChat with the VR headset on will be comfortable for the user.
- The feature of VIVEPORT Infinity provides the user with a grant of unlimited gaming and VR play for six months.
- The simulations generated by this VR headset are mind-boggling, and users are completely transformed into a new reality with no concern from the outside whatsoever.
- The entire packaging of this product includes within the box, one VIVE Pro Eye headset, a link box, a DisplayPort cable, one USB 3.0 cable, power adaptors, two controllers, and two base stations of 2.0 version.
3. Oculus Rift S PC-Powered VR Gaming Headset
- Oculus Rift S is the most advanced PC-powered VR headset that is provided by Oculus.
- It is a revolution in new technology and one of the best VR headsets for VRChat that this industry has been released.
- The optics are so enhanced and improved the graphics quality is superb, with the brightness of the colors detailed to perfection and the screen-door effect minimized to a considerable effect.
- This means that the spaces generated between pixels have been removed near to completion, and the video quality that can be seen seems realistic and lifelike.
- The Oculus Touch Controllers are extremely impressive, and every movement that you make in the game is timed to perfection and with precision.
- A halo headband attached to the headset has been designed in such a way that it keeps in mind the speed and can securely swiftly take any spontaneous reaction that you give.
- It provides room-scale tracking so that the movement can be free in your play space. It is effortless to walk, kick, duck, and perform other action sequences without any disruptions and indulge in the game without any worries of interference.
- The hand and leg movements and every other gesture that you make are transported inside the game smoothly with the help of Oculus Touch Controllers.
- The Rift S does not use any external sensors as all the sensors are already built-in inside the headset.
- The setup is incredibly intuitive and smooth with a single connection, and the play space can be optimized and designated with the help of a built-in laser.
- One con that can be felt in this product is that the sound quality is a bit weak. The bass is not very good and thus affect that could be produced by, say an explosion, can be reduced to some extent.
4. HTC VIVE Cosmos – PC
- The best virtual resolution that VIVE has ever offered is ushered in with this VR headset. This headset ventures into a new era of virtual reality where the user can get engrossed in the gaming and the chatting world and forget about anything outside.
- The setup is extremely simplified, and it is possible to get lost entirely in the virtual reality due to the inside-out tracking feature presented by VIVE Cosmos.
- The range of motion has been expanded immensely because of the presence of six camera sensors built inside the headset.
- The feature of six-degree-of-freedom of motion helps in widening the virtual reality experience and makes the user feel transported inside the game.
- It is easily portable, and the set up is very basic. It can be paired up with a wide array of VR-ready desktops and laptops.
- There is no need for a base station. The view of text and graphics is detailed to perfection because of the 2880×1700 combined pixel resolution.
- The newly introduced LCD panels are a massive development over the previous model, and they reduce the screen-door effect.
- It has a flip-up design that has made the jump between reality and virtual reality a piece of cake, and the experience can be one with no disruptions.
- The controls are immensely classy and the glow during active use. The light that glows also has the function of ensuring accurate tracking on the controllers.
- The audio and visual transmissions are very powerful, and thus, the picture quality that the user receives is beyond expectation.
- The packaging of VIVE Cosmos includes the VIVE Cosmos Headset, two left and right controllers, one power adapter, a DisplayPort Cable, one Headset Cable, one USB 3.0 Cable, a link box and 4 AA Alkaline Batteries.
- The Interpupillary distance is adjustable and easy to maintain so that the headset stays on comfortably even if you are using it for hours.
- VIVEPORT Infinity provides the user with a six-month starter session of unlimited VR play of more than 700 games and apps.
5. 5K XR OLED VR Virtual Reality Headset
- This VR headset has set new standards in the virtual reality market.
- It has revolutionized the quality of graphics and text that can be seen by using Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Panels. OLED’s pixels emit their light and are thus called emissive.
- The contrast and brightness of graphics are enhanced by these OLED panels, and problems such as the screen door effect or creation of a double vision while moving fast (ghosting) is virtually negligible.
- The Dual OLED Panels with 2560×1440 resolution have taken the realistic gaming experience to new heights.
- The range of motion is wide because of the six degrees of freedom that is provided by this headset.
- It has a wide 200-degree Field of View, which is closest to the human vision when compared with any of the products available in the market.
- It keeps a fantastic lookout of things or people at the peripheral vision, and gaming becomes more competitive and fun this way.
- This VR headset is highly compatible as it supports thousands of games that are available on both Oculus and Steam Home.
- One can enjoy chatting, which is very lifelike because of the enhanced graphics and lips synching and gesturing matching qualities that this headset provides.
- Enjoying online gaming will become an experience like never before, and its ease on the eyes and head is unique and comfortable.
- This headset is also compatible with different brands Steam controllers, as well as both 1.0 and 2.0 tracking versions of the SteamVR Lighthouse.
- Its body is made of ultra-lightweight rigid plastic, which makes it durable and easy to use for a long time.
- Different sensors available with this product are SteamVR tracking sensor, G Sensor, Gyroscope, and optional hand motion sensors.
- It can only work on the Windows OS platform of version 8.0 and above.
- The user can stay immersed in the virtual world for hours together because of the comfort with which it fits the head size (ergonomically designed head strap), the accuracy in positioning, clear and vivid graphics display, and absolute sound direction. The user can stay in the virtual reality without feeling tired.
- There is a warranty of 1 year for this product.
6. Pimax 5K Plus VR Virtual Reality Headset
- With improved software and top-end technologies, Pimax has released this 5K plus VR Headset with LCD Panels.
- The most important feature of this VR headset is the Dual Custom Low Persistence Liquid Crystal Panels (LCDs). Low Persistence Panels are very beneficial when it comes to their usage in virtual reality. They help in reducing motion blur, a common problem faced by gamers when they are involved in fast gaming sequences.
- Each of these two panels has a stunning resolution of 5120×1440 that immerses the users in the online gaming world for very long hours and makes the experience lifelike.
- The magnified resolutions help in reducing the screen door effect and the phenomenon of ghosting in virtual reality, thus making the adventure for the user, one like never before.
- The visual clarity with these headsets is high with a solid wide 200-degree field of view, which expands the area of sight to a huge extent. The peripheral vision maintenance is also checked for in this device.
- It is very light in weight and easy to handle because of the head strap.
- It has the feature of a 6degree-of-freedom motion tracker that uses a SteamVR 2.0 tracking version, which enables room-scale tracking.
- Various sensors are also present in this headset, such as the Accelerometer, Gyro Sensor, Magnetometer, and Proximity Sensor.
- The bodyweight of the headset is only 470g. Thus the user can stay immersed in his or her virtual world for long hours without getting tired.
- It has extreme compatibility as it can support a lot of games that are available on both Oculus and Steam Home. It is also compatible with other Steam Controllers and tracking versions 1.0 and 2.0 of SteamVR Lighthouse.
- It can run on the OS Platform of Windows 8.1 and 10 only.
- The facepad lets the user stay comfortable for hours and play non-stop without any exertion or interference from the outside world.
7. Oculus Rift Touch Virtual Reality System
- This is a product by Oculus, one of the leading brands in producing Virtual Reality Systems.
- Two Oculus Touch controllers bring virtual reality into your hands. The feel that you get from this headset is indescribable, and it seems like you have been transported into the virtual world. You can interact with people from different parts of the world or spend hours on online gaming.
- The OS platform required for this headset is a Windows PC, and an Internet connection is also necessary. It is only compatible with Windows 10 Platform.
- Several sensors have been built in this virtual reality system, including Proximity sensors and Motion Tracking Sensors.
- Integrated Speakers with headsets make the virtual reality experience, one like never before. The audio quality is highly enhanced and extremely enjoyable.
- The headband is adjustable and fits on your head comfortably. The user can go on for hours without feeling tired from the weight of the headband.
- The display is of OLED type. This means that the display is emissive as it emits lights of its own and not that the light that is transmitted from some other source.
- A minimum System memory of 8GB is required for this headset to be compatible.
On the purchase of this product, six video games are given out for free.
These are a few of the best-rated products that are available in the market. These are some of the best VR headsets for VRChat. Virtual reality is the creation of a simulated environment with the help of different computer technologies. It is like a movie experience; only this time, the users are themselves immersed in the movie. They can interact with other users or spend time playing thousands of games that provide the thrill of adventure. It is an experience like never before.
What Is Virtual Reality?
Senses of the user, such as vision, touch, hand gestures, and speech, are all transformed into the virtual 3D world where the user can move around and control the environment inside the virtual reality. Virtual reality is an experience that requires not only excellent graphics but also perfect audio systems. When we talk about a person’s personal space, hearing and seeing are the key elements. Virtual reality can be fun and engrossing only when both audio and visual are precise and accurate to the tiniest nanosecond.
Why Is Virtual Reality So Important?
We wish for a lot of things in the real world that we can’t have. We have Avengers in the Marvel Series; we have Batman in the DC Series, and we have other fictional warriors and fighters in different TV shows and movies. Seeing such superheroes in real life sometimes makes us want to have such experiences in real life. This is where Virtual Reality enters. Virtual reality helps us have an experience that feels like they are real, but they are not. But the excitement and thrill that people get from playing VR games are too good to be described in words. The adrenaline rush that VR games bring in is beyond imagination; that is why its existence is so important.
Imagine yourself in a virtual world, where, instead of seeing things and people in 2D, you can see writings and graphics in 3D. You can pick up things and move them around, move around, and change the environment around you while not even being present there in reality. It is just a simulation, but it feels lifelike, and you can enjoy in that environment for as long as you want. It is interesting, engaging, and also spreads knowledge. Education and learning, when done in Virtual Reality, automatically increases the attention to the subject.
Army and defense training done with Virtual Reality is more beneficial as the simulation is very realistic. It does not involve another actual human being, and thus, no one can get hurt in reality while training. And still, the purpose is served. Virtual reality benefits the medical industry, treating the patients with more care and precision, and enabling doctors and professionals in the medical field to interact with each other in an immersive environment.
Major Players In The Virtual Reality Market
At present, the major players in the virtual reality industry are Oculus, HTC, and Sony. All of these companies have successfully made high-definition Virtual Reality Systems for enhancing the VR experience of both beginners and professionals. The most critical need, when it comes to having the perfect VR experience, is having the best VR headset. If the headset is good, the VR experience will be better. This is what this article focuses on talking about.
Why Using A Brand Headset Is Important?
Extracting maximum fun from Virtual Reality depends on a few factors such as computer game quality, 3D imaging quality, equipment simulators, and an enormous amount of entertainment experiences. The demand for VR players is increasing every day. The more people get to know about VR games, the more they believe in joining portals that show a good time to users. These sites offer exclusive gaming and online chatting experiences.
As the demand for VR is escalating, the brands that are at the top in the market are in stiff competition to inculcate as many new-generation technologies possible. The headset usage has to made as simple and ready to go as possible. They should be user-friendly as well as should be compatible with PCs, Laptops, Game Consoles, and Mobile phones.
Finding the best headset is the primary concern of any player who is into VR gaming. They want the best sound quality and the best graphics display with no interruptions and with high clarity. It should provide unique features that other similar products present in the market do not allow.
Therefore, buying a brand headset that has good reviews and has satisfied its customers’ needs previously is the ideal choice. Many people have vision impairment these days. Students, from a very young age, get fixed with glasses. The VR Headset should have lenses that fit with the already present glasses of the person. This has a huge demand these days. The comfort with which the VR headset fits on your head very important when it comes to gaming for long hours.
The tops brands, in these cases, are the true players in the world. The development of new and improvised VR headset, each with more features than the previous version, is the crucial requirement. All brands at this stage try to make something that can stand the other competitors and attract the attention of buyers. Thus, buying a brand headset for getting the best VRChat experience is also essential and necessary.
Why Should You Join VRChat?
VRChat is one of the most popular online chatting and gaming platforms with over 50000 communities that have been created by different people from all across the world, and these communities are growing every day. The social outlook that VRChat offers is huge, and getting to know different people has become very easy using VRChat. Not only can you go for games and VR experiences that are already available on VRChat, but you can also create your own VR experience with an idea of your own and control that environment with your simulations.
Making friends, creating new worlds, making custom avatars, and joining different communities are the few purposes that VRChat serves. These days, many people suffer from the phenomenon of loneliness. Making friends in reality, going out, and having fun is not easy for everyone. Staying alone for long periods can lead a person into anxiety and depression.
When a person becomes lonely, the mind can wander around, and negative thoughts can creep inside your head. Loneliness is thus, harmful to people’s health and mental state. Platforms like VRChat are an escape route for such people. It helps people to get out of their comfort zone while still staying inside their homes. They get to meet new people on this platform, widen their circle, and explore new opportunities.
What Is A VR Headset?
A Virtual Reality Headset is a device that provides sound and visual content in the form of a head-mount for the user who is wearing it. It is widely used in video gaming, online chatting, and creating various simulations in the virtual world without disturbing anything in the real world. It has multiple sensors fitted inside it which help the user in motion tracking.
Buying The Best VR Headsets For VRChat
Having the perfect experience on VRChat can only be achieved if you have the perfect Virtual Reality system to support it. This is where VR Headsets come into the picture. Having the best VR headset for VRChat is an absolute essential. Companies like Oculus, HTC, and Sony, have developed exquisite Virtual Reality Systems to liven the experience in the Virtual World. VRChat offers 3-D Spatialized Audio, which can only be used to ultimate satisfaction if one has the best VR Headset.
Different VR headsets have various features. Some use LCD Panels, and others use OLED Panels. The ones that are most popular in the market provide excellent audio-visual features. The choosing of the VR headset depends on the person and the purpose for which they want the headset.
What’s your pick?
When it comes to buying the best VR headset for VRChat, it can be a stand-alone headset, where no movement or play space is required or can be a headset that uses your phone. However, to get the ultimate VRChat experience, a precise motion tracking system is needed, which can generally not be found in stand-alone headsets and mobile headsets. Having a six-degree-freedom of motion as a feature is advisable for a headset used for VRChat.
The true adventure can be seen and felt if the hand and body movements are transformed as it is to the virtual world. Thus, headsets that don’t work much on removing the screen-door effect or cannot reduce the ghosting effect should not be purchased. Tracking of every gesture that you and the other players make is vital. The audio capabilities of the VR Headset should be outstanding. A loud explosion should sound like a big bang and not like someone dropped a pencil. Otherwise, the entire experience will be of waste.
VR Headsets having in-built headphones are always recommended. When you are moving through the simulated environment, getting tangled with headphone wires in the reality is not something you would want. However, an essential aspect that defines the best VR for VRChat is motion tracking. As long as the motion tracking feature is exceptional, you are good to go and lose yourself in the virtual world.